Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Police Savagery Continues…

Indiscriminate police firing on Bajardiha’s impoverished and poverty-stricken weavers exposes the minority-friendly character of the UP administration. Holi revelers trying to create Communal disturbance were left scoff-free. Adding to their woes, the hapless victims have not been given any compensation.
Painfully, Mukhtar Ahmed, father of Moin, killed in firing laments, “In front of my eyes, bullet pierced through the chest of my son. In stantaneously, he died. Though we rushed him to janata hospital, where he was declared dead. Moin’s younger brother, Mobin adds, “As firing continued unabated, I was forced to my brother’s body to my ‘Mausa’s’ (uncle) house. After a while, police reached the possession of the body. Assurance of justice and compensation were given. But still, we haven’t got anything.”
Sitting near by, tear-jerking from her eyes, inconsolable Moin’s mother says,” police was pressurizing for immediate burial of my son killed in the firing in presence of them, the burial place at around 5.30am.
“Police had been forcing me to change the statement. If do not fall in line then they would implicate my son in false case. Constant threats are given to me as I have dared to take up the cudgels on behalf of the deceased and survivors,” Says Mukhtar Ahmed.
Pushed to the corner, survivors of the police firing are languishing in penury. As Nisar Ahmed says.” I was sole bread earner for my family. Now it’s quite difficult to get a square meal a day. Police fired ruthlessly on my right arm and left arm pit. One bullet pierced through my ankles. I suffer from excruciating pain and I have no money to purchase medicines.”
Incapacitated Abdul Rehman recounts, “Bullet pierced through my left thigh and turned me into a physical wreek. Neighbours showed their generosity and my operation was possible. Still a bone grafting needs to be done. After that I can walk on my own without being dependent on the crutches.”
Since 2005, Holi revelers had been assiduously trying to engineer communal discord in bajardiha. These miscreants throw colours on the mosque, write filthy invectives on its wall targeting the Muslims. Police collude with the goons and kill the poor weavers.