Wednesday, April 3, 2013

regarding beating and threat to Human Rights Defender Mr. Muharram Ali and staff of PVCHR in Ambedkar Nagar



PVCHR Communication< cfr.pvchr@gmail.com>Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM
To: covdnhrc , jrlawnhrc
Cc: lenin

30thMarch, 2013
To,
The Chairperson
National Human Rights Commission
New Delhi


Dear Sir,
I want to bring in your kind attention towards the incident happened with Mr. Muharam Ali, a human rights defender from village Ahladadpur, Post- Tanda under jurisdiction Aliganj of Ambedkar Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh. http://muslim-minority.blogspot.in/2013/03/blog-post.html

Testimony of Muharam Ali

“On 3rd March, 2013 around 11 pm in the night the rioters entered in my house. They ransack and burned my house. I was recognizing the rioters so, on 9th March, 2013 I filed complain to Station House officer, Aliganj for the FIR (First Information Report) by name. (Please find as annexure 1)

On 25th March, 2013 around 9 pm in the night I was going to my brother Mohd. Idrish house. During that time Station Office (S.O) Aliganj along with 6 policemen get off the jeep and said to me that you are pretending to be leader. Come with me and identity the rioters and they asked me to sit in the jeep.

While reaching the railway crossing the station officer asked me what I am doing for my living. I gently said I am human rights defenders and I am also weaver. After hearing this S.O started to abuse me by using filthy words and said I will fire on you and throws you here then I will see you and your human rights. That time I was feeling very hapless and started to crying sir what mistake I did. I witness the rioters while burning my house than how can I make false statement. Then S.O started to give me four slaps on my rights ear and also beat four to five times with lathi. I fall on the ground and I was crying. The S.O threaten me if I am going to pursue this case then result will be worse for me.”

PVCHR is working in 10 villages of Tanda blocks of Ambedkar Nagar district for creating model villages. The police are giving threat to the staff for not making complain to National Human Rights Commission and also creating trouble in their routine work in the village.

Therefore it is kind request please take appropriate action at earliest to save the life of Mr. Muharam Ali who was before victim and now human rights defender and also staff.

Thanking You

Sincerely Yours
Lenin Raghuvanshi
Secretary General