Sunday, January 2, 2022

"As soon as it came to know that the police has imposed gangster act on me, my whole body became numb."

 


My name is Rambali age-28 years, by my policemen by implicating me in a fake case. My father's name is Ramsakhi, I am a native of Village-Hinduwari, Post-Tendu, Thana-Kolwali, Rawartsganj, Block-Rastarsganj, Tehsil-Rawtersganj, District-Sonbhadra. I am a chamar (SC) by caste. I have studied till class 8. I don't have any children. I have a wife and parents. I work as a laborer and a driver to take care of my family.

 

On the incident date 9th December 2018 we were sleeping in our house.   At 10 o'clock, Monday night 4 policemen suddenly entered my house. When I woke up, 2 policemen in plain clothes, said that let's do some inquiry at the police station. My mother asked them what was the matter. When I came outside 10-12 people standing outside the house, I got very scared.  My mother was asking them about the reason they wanted to take me away. The policemen said that after questioning them, they will let me go. My mother and wife kept crying loudly. They followed us and saw that there were  4 police vehicles: in which there was the S.O. Saheb, a Karma police car, Shahganj police, and the car of Rawatersganj Kotwali. The police of Karma police station made me sit with them. There were 4 policemen in it and the S.O. said that they will leave me after questioning. 


But I was taken to the police station and put in the lockup. After one hour, the SO sahib in plain dress and 4 policemen started beating me with hands and kicks. I was thinking whether it was my fault. The policemen kept beating and asking me to tell them at which places I have stolen. I said that "sir, I have not committed any theft." The policemen at the Karma police station kept hitting and harassing me in the police station for 2 days. They kept saying that I was a thief. I was constantly worried about my mother and wife. For two days we did not eat or drink anything.

 

On the third day, December 11, 2018, at 11 o'clock in the day, I was taken to the outpost Churk. There also I was beaten up.  The policemen said that they would kill me by giving me electric shocks.  I was afraid for my life and safety. I could not understand anything. I told them that I had not committed any theft.  I  said that I was a driver for hire and that I used to drive from Bombay for 3 days. But the policemen did not hear anything and brought us to the Kotwali Rawtersganj. Whenever any of my family members used to go there, they used to swear at them and drive them away.

 

The policemen were beating there with abusive language and sticks and they were saying that we have done theft only. The SHO also verbally abused us. The toilet in the lockup was unclean and smelled bad.  The lady police were beating and abusing my mother in front of me. My mother went outside the gate crying. My medical examination was done at the District Hospital Lodhi Medical from Kotwali on December 13, 2018, between 11 and 12 o'clock during the day. At that time, I was not able to walk on foot, but I did not get any medicine. I was given an injection. It gave me some relief.  Then I was taken to the Rawatersganj court. After seeing my wife and mother, I could not stop my tears. 

The policemen took me to the judge, but there I was not asked anything. At 5 pm, I was taken out of the court and sent to Gurma district jail. There I was only thinking about what will happen to my old parents. I could not sleep in the night. I had to clean the floors and the toilet.  I kept sitting and crying. My mother came to visit me sometimes. The policemen were taking 200 to 300 rupees bribe to let her meet me. I was in jail for 28 days. When I came out, my wife hugged me and started crying. I started living in my house.

 

After a week, the police from the Rawatersganj came and arrested me with the help of an informer. I was told that a gangster act has been imposed on me. Hearing this, my body became numb. Six policemen surrounded me and started beating me. Then they took me to the outpost Rawtersganj. The next day we were taken to Tehsil Rawtersganj, from there I was sent to the Gumra jail. I was kept in jail for 45 days. I got bail by selling my mother's farm and mortgaging my wife's jewellery. We are poor Dalits. I was jailed for 73 days, which has made me miserable. I am scared of the police right now. As soon as I see the police, I hide and start to panic thinking that the policemen should not send them to jail.


We are not able to do some work. The villagers look at me as I am a thief. I do not go anywhere outside the house, we feel the power in our body by telling our story. It helps me feel better. God help me


Legal action should be taken for the guilty policemen