Sunday, January 2, 2022

"My son has been sent to jail by the police again"

 

"My son has been sent to jail by the police again"


My name is Piyari age-55 years, wife of Ramsakhi, I am a resident of Village-Hinduari, Post- Tendu, Thana-Kotwali, Rawartsganj, District-Sonbhadra. I have two sons and one daughter. They are married. I work as a laborer. This kind of incident has happened for the first time in my life. At this time my whole family was shattered. On 9th December 2018, we were sleeping in our house. At 1 am some policemen broke the door and entered our house. 


When I heard my daughter-in-law crying, I got up.  I saw that four policemen were taking my younger son away. I asked them, "Sir, what is the matter? Why are you taking my son?" The policeman said that they are taking him to the Karma police station for interrogation. My family kept crying after the policemen. Outside the house, there were about 10-12 policemen, which made everyone in the family very scared.  I followed the policemen to a distance to see where they were taking my son. I saw four more policemen.  I asked them about the police station they were from. The police officer told me that they were from the SOG. They put my son into the police car and took him to the Karma police station. The SO of the police station told me that my son would be released after interrogation. But when my son did not return the next morning, I went to Robertsganj Police Station. I didn't find my son there.

 

I started panicking, then a policeman told me to go to Karma police station to understand the whole situation. I took an auto to go there. There, I asked a policeman about my son's whereabouts. He told me that they have beaten the thief a lot in the night. Our request to meet my son was denied by the police. I kept waiting for an hour for the senior officer to appear at the station. When he came, I asked him, "Sir, you had told me that my son will return home after interrogation. Where is he?" He responded that I had given birth to a thief and if I did not leave, he would break my bones. 

I got scared after hearing this. Unable to understand what was happening, I requested the police to let me meet my son for two minutes. After seeing my son in the lock-up, I became speechless. He told me that he was beaten up in the night and is being implicated in the theft. My husband started pleading with folded hands to the SO of the police station, "Sir, I am a driver. By driving a car, I run the expenses of my parents and wife."

Hearing this, the policemen said that they have to present him in front of the SP for interrogation. We the Kotwali Ravartasganj from the Churk post. From there we went to the Kotwali Rawartsganj to meet our son. There, were abused and driven away. After some time I went again to meet our son, the Kotwal sahib abused and called the lady police to beat me up and push me out.

In my village, people still look at us, as if we were a family of thieves. It hurts a lot to hear what they are thinking about my son, I can't sleep throughout the night. I keep worrying about my son day and night. In what condition my son will be? how many policemen will beat him? All these thoughts keep suffocating me. I feel light by telling my story.