Sunday, January 2, 2022

"SHO Ram Narayan Pasi is threatening me even today, that if you plead, then you will also be in the same condition as Shivam."

 My name is Umapati. I am 60 years old.  My father is Baijnath. I am government teacher by profession. I had three sons but only two alive now. I am a native of Village-Sajor, Post-Ravartasganj, district-Sonbhadra.

 

The incident is of 27 August 2019. It was 6:30 in the evening. I was watching TV at home. Then my village head’s husband and Kura outpost in-charge Robertsganj came in a Bolero car. He said that your son Shivam's health is bad. After hearing this, I immediately went with them. We had not even reached the district hospital Lodhi, when on the way the outpost in-charge told that your son Shivam had died. I was stunned after listening to this. I didn't understand anything. I reached the hospital with those people. My child was lying dead. I fainted on seeing him like this.

 

My family members and villagers came to know about Shivam’s death.  Many people came forward to help me. My wife fainted on seeing the son's body. Ram Narayan Pasi, SHO of Pannuganj police station and other police personnel are responsible for the death of my son. They brutally beat and tortured my son to force him to confess the crime. Because of which my son died in the police station. Panic spread in the entire village due to this incident. I filed a report against the Pannuganj police station head and his associate constable under section 302, 506 of the IPC. The post mortem of my son's body was done. The body was found after the post-mortem on the second day. After which I performed the last rites of my son in Varanasi.

 

 It was a very sad time for me. My son Shivam was 28 years old. He used to look after the farming of the household. I used to teach in school, because of this I could not devote much time to farming. That day my elder son Ravi Shankar had gone to Pannuganj police station. He asked the station head “Sir, what is the crime of my brother? Under which section have you arrested him? When will you release him?” On this, the SHO said that he would inquire about it “Don't worry, whatever happens with this will be good. I'll bring it home myself and leave it.” Ravi Shanker gave breakfast and trusting the SHO, he came home at five o'clock.

 

After the arrival of the son, the police of Pannuganj police station beat him badly to make my Shivam forcefully confess the crime. Due to which he died. After that the police station chief Ramnarayan Pasi and his associate constable brought him to the private health centre Tiara. From there he was taken to the district hospital. After that the police came to our house. When we reached there, the police of Police Station Pannuganj was removed from there. A large number of police forces were deployed in the hospital so that we can't resist. Both the District Magistrate and the Superintendent of Police Sonbhadra reached. Seeing the dead body, the District Magistrate said that there has been negligence in this incident. When the media persons asked the inspector, he said that Shivam has hanged himself from the lower bar.

 

I was very sorry to hear from the police. The police was making false statements to protect themselves. My son was not alone in the police station, how can he hang himself in the presence of the police? In order to stop me from taking any action, the police went with me to Manikarnika Ghat, Varanasi. The force remained there until the body was badly burnt.

 

Today my young son is gone because of the police. My wife still weeps remembering her son. After the passing of our child, my whole family was torn apart.

 

I am wandering from door to door to get justice for my child. But the administration is not listening to me. No legal action has been taken against those who are responsible for the death of my child. SHO Ram Narayan Pasi is threatening me even today that if you plead, then your condition will also be like Shivam. I am scared of this threat. The hope of getting justice is running out.

 

 I want that my deceased son gets justice so that such incident does not happen again in future.